Saturday, January 3, 2015

Running on fresh snow

I ran 4 km this morning... It was fun, but some sections were quite difficult due to the fresh snow that had fallen the night before and the fact that the tracks were unbeaten (it seems like there really aren't very many runners where I live...).

I fully enjoyed some untouched portions (even as a child, I was fascinated by footsteps in fresh, untouched snow), but then I hit some segments that were "so-so" (not untouched, but not well beaten either) and advancing further became quite difficult. I eventually pulled it off without having to stop, but I really have to get a new pair of running shoes (I am prospecting some ASICS) and I will try to avoid such snowy areas if possible, because I really felt my foot unstable.

The good news is that I don't seem to be huffing and puffing any more, which means my body is getting used to running and my pace is appropriate for my capabilities. The bad news is that this pace may be too slow to complete the race I am training for in under 3 hours, which is their time limit... Ultimately, my goal will be to finish the race, even if I exceed the time limit.

No comments:

Post a Comment