Tuesday, January 20, 2015

New Shoes!

I ran 3 km yesterday, after missing out for an entire week (it's going to be 3 weeks of exams from now on - I am a 3rd year Psychology student - the second faculty I am doing - after finishing my Computer Science masters degree).
I am sorry I couldn't run more, but actually I left my husband home alone with the two kids and I was afraid they would be restless (well... mostly the husband :D )....On the other hand, it was some of the fastest running I did in a long while. Strava reported personal records for 0.5 km, 0.5 miles, 1 km and 1 mile... so.. it was for the better :) .
Also, I have new running shoes. I ended up getting these:

They are Asics Gel Pulse 6 in Hot Pink... I like Asics as a company a lot (I think they got me with the fact that their brand name is a beautiful acronym for Anima Sana in Corpore Sano.... I am a sucker for meaningful Latin and smart acronyms). The Hot Pink is not necessarily my thing, but the local Decathlon didn't carry other colors.... I actually ended up linking them a lot (the color I mean... because the shoes themselves I loved a lot right from the beginning)... Now it's like I am running on tiny pink clouds.. They are perfect for me.... Quite wide in front, offer good support for asphalt running (not for trails though, you really have to watch your step if running on uneven surfaces), their shock absorbing capabilities are excellent. I couldn't wish for better shoes for where I am right now running-wise....

No comments:

Post a Comment